Recently my husband told me about how a critic on one of the movie sites he frequents ended a post with, “Has Will Smith ever done a movie that he doesn’t say, ‘Aw, hell no.’ in? It’s a valid question, I think. I would venture to say that since his 1993 performance in Six Degrees of Separation, the answer is likely, no. Don’t quote me on that, though.
That question led me to one of my own: Does John Cusack have it in his agency contract that he will only do movies that include at least one scene with him standing drenched, and looking heart-broken in the rain? These are the things that I lie in bed thinking about at night. Well those, and this stuff:
1. “Get an updated passport, you’re working in Vancouver in 8 weeks!” I’m going to be a guest on the new HGTV Canada show, She’s Crafty. The bleach blond photo from my 1996 passport obtained for a trip to Paris, clearly isn’t going to cut it. Not to mention that my name then was, Vickie Carole Montoya. “Montoya” is sooooo 1990’s. Clearly I’ve changed my name twice since then. 😉
2. What came first, couple’s losing their individual identities or the creation of co-names like, “Bennifer” & Brangelina”? What would mine and my husband’s be? Davic? Vicid? Vave? Pass.
3. “Vickie, get thee to the gym. You’re shooting the Knitty Gritty Special in a few weeks and man, those pants are tight.” If only I could figure out how to burn calories, while knitting on the couch.
4. I really need a good book to read. I’m in the mood for a page turner. Maybe a psychological thriller…
5. I should probably be working a little harder on plans for our post-elopement party since, it’s in ONE MONTH. Oy. We’re using all mismatched thrift store dishes and vintage table cloths. Do I want cloth napkins, too? If so, do I then need napkin rings? Centerpieces. What to do?
6. How long can I be in denial about the need to paint my kitchen?
7. I wish I was bionic and could produce a new knitted garment/pattern every day. That would be awesome. I would totally have my own theme music, too. Ch-ch-ch-ch.
8. Man, yesterday’s TheView was brutal. I wonder when the “Team Rosie”/”Team Elizabeth” shirts will be available? 😉
It’s been quiet out there for the past week or so. Post here, people, I need knitting break entertainment. 🙂 What’s everyone working on?
If you’re looking for something to listen to in the background while you’re working, they just put up the podcast of the panel I was on with Jenny Hart and others at SXSW. You can listen to it here.
Until next time,