- Cut tip of potato off so that a flat end is created. Leave the peel on the rest of the potato, so that you have something to grasp onto while you’re stamping.
- Use a pen to free-hand a Shamrock (or whatever shape desired) onto the potato end. Since potatoes are pretty juicy the pen may not write well on so make sure you press hard enough as you draw so an imprint is at least created.
- Using a paring knife, carefully whittle away about 1/4″ deep of the negative (the part that will not be a part of the image) space of the potato.
- Brush a thin layer of Tulip Slick Fabric Paint onto the stamp. It’s important to go this route instead of just dipping the potato into paint, if you don’t want a lot of gloppy-glops (for lack of a better term) on the fabric. 😉
- Firmly press stamp onto fabric (the smoother the textile the better), taking care not to shift.