How to Macrame Charger Cord
Macramé Charger Cord
Need a weekend project? How about a macramé 🔌 charger cord? Using scraps of yarn from your stash, and one simple stitch, make your cord more visible! Never again will those pesky kids you live with, or the strangers you’re jockeying with for charging time at the airport, be able to claim your cord as theirs. It’s easy … and pretty. Ok, go!
This tutorial is brought to you by Visible Mobile, an app-based cell service offering unlimited talk, text and data for only $40/month!
Macramé Charger Cord: Watch the tutorial
Macramé Charger Cord: How-To
Scraps of fingering or sock-weight yarn (or plain string). I used this.
- Cut 2 strands each of yarn the length of charger cord, plus about 4″- 6″/10 cm – 15 cm. Cut 2 strands each of yarn 4½-5 TIMES the length of charger cord.
- Arrange 4 strands so that the two shorter strands are sandwiched in the middle of the two longer strands. Holding strands together and leaving a long enough tail for a tassel, tie onto the top of charger cord using a double knot.
- Begin Spiral Knot. STEP 1: Lay the left-hand strand OVER the center two strands.
- STEP 2: Lay the right-hand strand OVER the left-hand strand.
- Step 3: Bring the right-hand strand UNDER the center strands and cord,
- and UP THROUGH the loop created by the left-hand strand.
- Step 4: Pull taught.
- Repeat Steps 1-4, FIVE times total.
- Twist yarn clockwise ½ turn.
- Repeat process until cord is covered. Wrap and knot at end.
- Trim end, and even out tassel.
so nice to see you in this video, already missing your Monday’s. Thanks for the project, Fun!
What a great idea! Thank you!
This is a pretty project. I love it!