From Lars & the Real Girl
5. It’s a completely original, unique and beautiful story.
4. It’ll make even the most jaded amongst us, believe in the power of human compassion.
3. There’s knitwear all over the place in this movie! My favorite is a simple, lace baby blanket that Lars wears around his neck whenever he needs comfort…which is most of the time.
2. The writer, director and actors managed to pull off the whole “small town rallying around one cause” thing, without there being an ounce of movie-of-the-week cheesiness involved.
1. Ryan Gosling is a knitter.
( If Ryan ever decides to write a knitting book, he should call it: “Lars & the Real Purl”. Thank you and good night!)