Today’s the first day of Fall which means it’s officially time for some creepy crafting! Even though I’ve been making Halloween projects for the past month already, I’m celebrating the “official” season by kicking Hallow’s Eve prep off with a skull-turning necklace crocheted using chunky, black & white jersey yarn and a Jumbo Amour hook. Speaking of, this project will surely get your kids hooked on crochet. Created using only the chain stitch it’s a great, first project that your baby boos can make with friends. Looking for a treat for teacher? This necklace will do the trick! So chain on and have some fun using your crochet skills for stitching Skelly. Enjoy!
Approx. 3.5 oz., t-shirt or jersey yarn ( I used this.)
Size U.S. P/Q (15 mm) Clover Jumbo Amour hook
Over-sized wooden barrel bead, or unfinished napkin ring
White craft paint
Hangs approx 17″/43 cm long
- Crochet three chains, respectively measuring: 24″/61 cm, 28″/71 cm, and 34″/86 cm long.
Fasten off; set aside.
- Paint bead white; let dry.
- Using marker, draw skeleton face onto bead.
- Lay crocheted chains on a table from shortest to longest, and looped to create necklace shape.
- Slide 3 tails from one end of loop up through bead; knot tails from both ends.
- Slide bead back over knot. Trim tails.
P.S. Want more Halloween craft projects? Check these out!