Self-striping yarn isn’t just for knitting or crochet; it also works in pattern when simply wound around an item! Add a little Fall feel to your home this season with a yarn wrapped wreath striped in autumnal colorway, Earth(ish) from my line, Sheep(ish) Stripes. It’s a quick and easy way to create a sustainable decoration for Thanksgiving and beyond.
Oh, and hey, why not put a pompom on it?
Here’s the scoop on how to make your own, Fall for You Wreath!
18″ Wreath Form
2 Balls, Bernat Sheep(ish) Stripes by Vickie Howell
Size US H(5mm) or I (5.5mm) Crochet Hook
Bernat Faux Fur Pompom, in color: Grey Lynx
Orange & Green Felt Scraps
Sprigs of Dried Wheat
Hot Glue & Gun
- Tie a slip knot; place loop on crochet hook.
- Wrap yarn, from front to back, around wreath form.
- Yarn-over hook; pull through loop on hook.
- Repeat process until entire wreath is wrapped in yarn; cut yarn and pull tail through last loop to fasten off. Weave in ends.
- Cut 2 large, and 2 small feather shapes out of felt; snip around pieces to create fringe look.
- Hot glue felt pieces, wheat and Pompom to wreath.
- Crochet a 4″ chain ( or cut an equivalent length of ribbon); fold in half to create loop; hot glue to top-back of wreath.