Sampler Shrug, by Myra Wood
2 skeins of Lion Suede 85 gms. chunky weight (122 yards, 3 oz.)
needles – U.S. size 11
crochet hook size K (10.5)
Before sewing sleeves: rectangle = 14″ x 55″ (length measures to arm width across and may need to be adjusted. This length is measured to a woman 5’4″-5’6″. The finished garment will be folded in half to be half as wide.
1.5 stitches per inch. 10 sts/12 rows- 4 inches stockinette
All stitches will be very loose. Rectangle may vary in width until finished. Seaming the sleeves and finishing the edges with single crochet evens everything out.
CO 34 stitches loosely ( or even # of stitches to measure).
Starting on wrong side, garter stitch:
1. Knit across
2. Knit across
3. Knit across
4. Knit across
5. K1, *YO, K2TOG, repeat from * across to last stitch, K1.
6. Knit across.
7-10. Repeat rows 5 and 6.
11- 14. Garter stitch (knit across all stitches).
Staggered Seed Eyelet
15. K1, *YO, K2TOG, repeat from * across to last stitch, K1.
16. K1, P1 across.
17. K1 * P2TOG, YO, repeat from * across to last stitch. K last stitch.
18. P1, K1 across. Knit last stitch.
19-30. Repeat 3 more times.
Double Dropped Stitch
40. *K1, YO twice * Repeat across to last stitch. K1
41. K1, drop YOs across to end. Knit last stitch. Pull piece to stretch stitches evenly.
The next lace pattern is a multiple of 4 plus 2 for 1 knit stitch at the beginning and the end. Increas or decrease on the last garter row at either end to achieve a multiple of 4+2
Filet Ribbed Lace (multiples of 4+1)
50. K1. *YO, Sl 1, K2TOG, PSSO,YO , K1. Repeat from * to last stitch. Knit last stitch.
51. Knit across.
52. K1. *YO, Sl 1, K2TOG, PSSO,YO , K1. Repeat from * to last stitch. Knit last stitch.
53. K1, Purl across to last stitch. Knit last stitch.
54-61. Repeat this pattern 2 more times for rows:
Increase or decrease stitches at the beginning or the end of the firt row to return to original stitch count.
66-70. Stockinette as follows:
Knit across RS rows.
K first stitch, Purl across to last stitch. Knit last stitch all WS rows.
Single Dropped Stitch
74. K1, YO across. K last stitch.
75. K all knit stitches and drop all YOs.
78. K1. *YO, K2TOG. Repeat from * across. Knit last stitch.
79. Knit across.
80. K1. * K2TOG, YO. Repeat from * across. Knit last stitch.
81. Knit across.
82-89. Repeat rows 78-81 2 more times.
90-97. Garter. Knit all stitches.
98 (RS) Knit.
102: K1, double YO across. K1 last stitch (98 stitches).
103: K the k sts and the first wrap of the YO, dropping the second wrap of the YO. (66 stitches).
104. K1. *P2TOG across to last stitch. K last stitch.
105-108 Knit across.
109. K1, *YO, K2TOG, repeat from * across to last stitch, K1.
110. K2, P2 across end with K2.
111. P2, K2 across. End with P2.
112. K1, *YO, K2TOG, repeat from * across to last stitch, K1.
113. K2, P2 across end with K2.
114. P2, K2 across.
120. K4,P3 across to last 2 stitches. P2 last 2 stitches.
121. K2 *P4, K3 across P4 last 4 stitches.
122. P4, K3 across to last 2 stitches. K2 last 2 stitches.
123. P2 *K4, P3 across K4 last 4 stitches.
Window Pane Lace
124. K2, YO, K2TOG across to last 2 stitches. K2.
125. K3, P2 to last 4 stitches. K3, P1.
126-129. Repeat last 2 rows 2 more times.
133. K1, *YO, K2TOG, repeat from * across to last stitch, K1.
134. Knit across.
135-136. Repeat rows 133-134.
137-138. Garter stitch (knit across all stitches).
Bind off loosely.
Fold rectangle in half from side to side so that length remains the same and width is half as wide.
Measure 17″ from each end and pin along arm edge leaving center open.
Stitch seams with long matress stitch to match stitches in each row.
Starting on right side at armhole, single crochet 2 rows evenly around entire opening.
Single crochet 1 row around each sleeve at wrist to finish off.
This pattern was reposted courtesy of the designer. Please contact him/her directly with questions.