Halloween Mini Retreat for Knitters & Crocheters
I’m thrilled to announce our very first virtual, thematic mini-retreat!
Are you a spooky stitcher ready to howl at the moon with cohorts? Then join us for our Virtual Halloween Mini Retreat! With your host, me, you’ll learn witchy knit, crochet, and embellishing techniques. Plus, you’ll get a creepy kit full of goodies and supplies to work your magic with. When all is said and done you’ll have a screamful of stitch markers, at least one cobweb embroidered piece, an Ouija Board Pillow project (WIP), and some cackling memories to last a lifetime!
There are only 16 spots left! (as of Aug 30th)
Let me tell you more about the Halloween Mini-Retreat in this quickie video!
When: Saturday, October 7, 2023 from 11amCT-5pmCT.
Where: Your place (via Zoom)!
It will be a day of stitching together, hanging out, and wallowing in our love for Halloween. See below for an overview of the workshops, projects, and techniques we’ll be covering.
Halloween Mini-Retreat Itinerary
Welcome: Coffee talk
- Introduce yourself (if you want, no pressure).
- Vickie to go over what’s in everyone’s kit, and share what to expect today, and also the inside scoop on how this mini-retreat came together
Workshop 1: Halloween Embroidery on Knits
- Embroider a Spiderweb on knit or crocheted squares or optional wrist warmers (also made from squares). Small amount of prep homework to be assigned prior to retreat.
Workshop 2: Make Your Own Halloween-themed Stitch Markers
- Attach charms to jump rings and bulb pins for this quickie, creepy craft!
Break for 30-Minute Lunch
Workshop 3: Knit or Crochet Edging on a Spooky Pillow
- Part one: Blanket stitch foundation
15-minute Pumpkin Spice Tea Break
- Part two: Knit Eyelet Triangles Edging or crochet Bobbles Edging
- Part three: Attach edging to pillow cover. (Overview only)
- Cocktail or mocktail
- Stitch-along on our pillow edgings
- Optional: Apply Glow Face Mask (what’s Halloween without a mask?)
Get your spot while they last!