Garter Stitch Intarsia: How to Strand, Use Bobbins & Read Charts
Garter Stitch Intarsia on Ask Me Monday
Today on my weekly, Facebook Live video series, “Ask Me Monday” we delved deep into the colorwork technique of Garter Stitch Intarsia, using ever-so-handy tools by Clover. Watch the rebroadcast of the episode in which you can expect tips and tutorials on:
- Stranding yarn using one or both hands.
- Avoiding a gap when changing colors.
- Carry yarn across back.
- Knitting in ends (to carry.)
- Trick for getting a loose strand to prevent bunching.
- Using knitting bobbins.
- Duplicate stitch on both Stockinette and Garter backgrounds.
Even if Garter Stitch isn’t your game, all of the skills taught in this video are applicable to regular, ol’ Intarsia, too. Give it a watch, then check out the tools and chart you’ll need to get started!
Garter Stitch Intarsia: Watch and Learn
- Clover Takumi Bamboo Single Pointed Needles (I used U.S. Size 11/8 mm)
- Clover Knitting Bobbin Set
- Clover Jumbo Tapestry Needle
- Chart (see below for pdf)
Get the Coyote Practice Swatch
Click to Download Coyote Practice Swatch PDF
Are you hooked on Garter Stitch Intarsia? Then give my Coyote Kid Cardigan pattern a spin. You can find in my book, Wee Garter Stitch: Must-have Knits for Modern Babies & Toddlers!
We’ll be off next week for Memorial Day, but tune in to Ask Me Monday on Facebook, weekly at its regularly scheduled time: Mondays at 12pm CT. See you there!
Hi blogger, i must say you have very interesting posts here.
Your page should go viral. You need initial traffic only.
How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go viral