A Knitter’s Guide to Creativity, Community, and Well-being for the Mind, Body & Soul
A knitting adventure with projects, patterns, rituals, yoga, creative inspiration, numerology, knitting experts, astrology, community, and more!
What if we look at our lives through the lens of the conduit that streams our creativity?
In her latest book (October 2019) The Knit Vibe: A Knitter’s Guide to Creativity, Community, and Well-Being for Mind, Body & Soul, author Vickie Howell pens a love letter to yarn craft. In it, she explores how for those in the knitting and crochet community, the act of creating with fiber is the through-line of how we choose to navigate life.
The Knit Vibe—a book like no other—with interviews, patterns, and an in-depth look at the knitting community and the creative potential of knitting. Dive into a special section on the wellness benefits of the craft, catch a glimpse of knitting’s superstars (including Bristol Ivy, Kaffe Fassett, Diva Zappa, Caitlin Hunter) in conversation with Howell, or try your hand at loads of how-tos and projects from the likes of Nancy Marchant, Marly Bird, Tanis Gray, Amy Small, and many more.
“Pick up some yarn, start where you are, get creative” is the message Howell weaves through the book and her series, The Knit Show. Gathering inspiration from all facets of the knitting universe, the book offers chapters on The Makings (go-to knitted gifts), The Surroundings (cool projects for your knitting space), and The Intention (vibe-y rituals, yoga, and self-care every knitter—and would-be knitter—craves).
“From inspirational interviews with kniteratti including Kaffe Fassett, Erika Knight, former Vogue Knitting editor Trisha Malcolm, Diva Zappa, and Siedah Garrett to yoga poses, vitamins, and rituals for stitcher-specific self care, The Knit Vibe is like your coolest, Palo Santo-burning girlfriend who also knows her way around two-color brioche.”
Amazon #1 Release!
“…not like anything you’ve seen in a knitting book before.” — CraftGossip.com
As Seen on Hallmark Channel’s Home & Family
Click the image below to get the limited edition, The Knit Vibe-themed YarnYAY! box!
WHERE TO BUY:
Pre-order The Knit Vibe from your local yarn shop, bookstore, or any of these fine retailers.
Retailers looking for wholesale info? Go here.
- October 3rd: Treetopia Blogger Tour: Halloween Vibes Tree, Social Media
- October 8th: Book Launch at The Aviary Wine Kitchen, Austin, TX, 6pm-8pm
- October 8th: The YarnThing with Marly Bird Podcast LISTEN HERE
- October 9th: Ewe Ewe Yarns blog + special knit kits!
- October 10th: B. Hooked Podcast LISTEN HERE
- October 12th: Hill Country Weavers, Austin, TX, 1pm (signing)
- October 15th: Knit @Nite at Club Cumming, NYC (lower East side), 6pm WATCH VIDEO HERE
- October 16th: Brooklyn Craft Company with London Kaye, Brooklyn, NY, 6pm
- October 17th: Knitty City with Paula Pereira NYC (upper Westside), 6-8pm WATCH VIDEO HERE
- October 19th: Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool Festival, 10am-1pm (signing) & 4pm (panel)
- November 10th: Ball & Skein & More, Cambria, CA, 2pm (The Knit Vibe chat and book signing)
- November 12th: CreativeBug Facebook Live Appearance, 4pm
- November 15th: The Little Knittery with Diva Zappa, Los Feliz Village, CA
- November 16th-17th: Stitches SoCal, Pasadena, CA (classes, Make & Takes, Book signing at Yarnover Truck, Book signing at Jimmy Beans Wool booth, co-exhibit with artist London Kaye)
- November 18th: Home & Family Show, Hallmark Channel (see your local listings)
- December 7th: Jimmy Beans Wool, Reno NV (Make & Takes, Book Signing)
- February 2020: Stitches West, Sacramento, CA
- April 2020: Craftcation, Ontario, CA
Interested in booking Vickie for an appearance, or featuring her in a publication?