Halloween Pom Pom Wreath
Pom poms are having a moment right now — from traditionally topping hats, to playfully covering pillows — and I frankly, am wallowing in it. Or, for the purposes of this post, “Hallowing” in it!
Today’s project, a Halloween Pom Pom Wreath, brings a little softness to the spooky veneer of the holiday. Using several different types of yarns in thematic colors, as well as three sizes of Clover Pom Pom Makers you’ll be able to create a petrifying pile of poms! From there, yarn-globes meet glue and you’re on your way to to sculpting the Halloween wreath of your dreams … or is it nightmares?
Make the Halloween Pom Pom Wreath
Clover Pom Pom Maker Pack (Size 2 1/2″ and 3 3/8″)
Clover Pom Pom Maker (Size 1 5/8″)
16″ Styrofoam Wreath Form
Several Balls of Different Weights of Yarn in Colors: Black, White, Grey and Orange
Approx 12″ Long Piece of Ribbon
Hot Glue and Gun
Bottle Brush Trees, or Other Adornments
- Make approx. 35 (or desired amount) Halloween pom poms using any combination of black, white and/or grey yarns, and the largest, Pom Pom Maker.Pom Pro Tip: Play with different yarn combos by either holding two strands together, or wrapping sections with different yarns!
- Make approx 16 (or desired amount) Halloween pom poms using any combination of black, white and/or grey yarns, and the medium sized Pom Pom Maker.Pom Pro Tip: Avoid using single ply or roving yarns to tie around your pom pom to secure strands; chances are they’ll break while you’re knotting. Plied yarns or strong string work best!
- Make approx 7 (or desired amount) Halloween pom poms using orange yarn and smallest Pom Pom Maker
Pom Pro Tip: Prevent your pom pom pieces from falling out by tying the center string around one time normally, and again with a knot.
- Tie piece of ribbon for hanging, around top of wreath.
- Using hot glue and gun, attach pom poms to wreath form, taking care to really fill the front and outer edge.
- Glue bottle brush trees to bottom front.
Looking for another fun, Halloween pompom craft? A bouquet of eyeballs will bring some added “boo!” to your dastardly decor!