Recently, I headed down the road to the KXAN studios in Austin to film a segment for the lifestyle show, Studio 512. I talked yarn-y wall hanging trends — from knit swatches, to woven pieces, to macrame detailing — and how ANYONE can make their own using multiple textures of fringe.
Watch the Studio 512 Segment
Make a Bohemian Fringe Wall-hanging
10″ piece hanger (copper piping, driftwood, or dowel)
Pompom or Bead (optional)
- Cut lengths of yarns to TWICE the length of intended piece (at longest point.)
- Attach pieces to hanger by folding piece in half; sliding folding portion under hanger; pulling tails through loop created by fold. Pull taught. Repeat in desired pattern.
- Trim tails straight across or at angle.
- Attach yarn to hanger at top to great tie. Knot.
- Add optional pompom or bead at knotted area; tie an additional knot. Finish off.